Noun(1) a committee having supervisory powers(2) a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes(3) a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose(4) food or meals in general(5) a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view(6) a table at which meals are served(7) electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices(8) a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities(9) a flat portable surface (usually rectangular
Verb(1) get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.(2) live and take one's meals at or in(3) lodge and take meals (at(4) provide food and lodging (for
(1) In Australia, I am told it is known as Calliente, and in Germany it is still possible to buy a board for the game under the original name Poch.(2) Place the lobster, shell uppermost, on a board on the table in front of you.(3) Remove the meat to a carving board and cover with foil.(4) During this meeting another board of directors also had to be elected.(5) You start 9.00 am on Monday as a legal secretary, and don't forget to put some overtime in if you want to pay for this week's board and lodging.(6) A router with a guide board clamped at the correct distance can also be used to make the dado cuts.(7) A new constitution and board of directors were put in place after the council threatened to remove funding unless the disputes were resolved.(8) Being the last period of the day, everyone looked just as uninterested as me in whatever the teacher was writing on the board .(9) Pete set the pieces out on the board(10) The staff compile reports and write summaries for the board .(11) sections of board(12) Snip chives into little pieces using scissors or mince them on a cutting board with a sharp knife.(13) Jake's case notes further reveal that he initially thought his job at the hospital was in exchange for board and lodging.(14) You pay for administrative costs, for your board and lodging (absurdly cheap), and your air fare.(15) academic board(16) Gail nodded and bit her lip again, turning her attention back to the game board and staring at the jumbled patterns of red and yellow marbles.
(1) board of directors :: Direksi
(2) board game :: Papan game
(3) half board :: setengah Papan
(4) bulletin board :: papan
(5) full board :: Papan lengkap
(6) board games :: Papan game
(7) ironing board :: papan setrikaan
(8) circuit board :: papan sirkuit
1. plank ::
2. committee ::
3. food ::
4. instrument panel ::
5. table ::
6. dining table ::
7. card ::
9. get on ::
10. lodge ::
11. accommodate ::
12. room ::
board, boarded, boarder, boarders, boarding, boards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Sounds like maybe Penny's not
totally on BOARD with that plan.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
I have a BOARD, if you like BOARDs.
This is my BOARD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
Just reset the BOARD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
It's a sun BOARD.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
You can stare at your BOARD all day,
she's still going to be right.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Javanese Dictionary: board
Meaning and definitions of board, translation in Javanese
language for board with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of board in Javanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'board'
What board means in Javanese, board meaning
in Javanese, board
definition, examples and pronunciation
of board in Javanese language.