Noun(1) the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
Verb(1) to incline or bend from a vertical position(2) cause to lean or incline(3) have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined(4) rely on for support(5) cause to lean to the side
Adjective(1) lacking excess flesh(2) lacking in mineral content or combustible material(3) containing little excess(4) not profitable or prosperous
(1) But he clearly feels in no hurry to rush back in the pop scene during such lean times for dance music.(2) As a result, the engine would run rough due to the lean mixture at all cylinders.(3) He follows this six-day cycle year-round, which allows him to keep growing yet stay lean in the offseason.(4) It expects its lean business model to serve it well in a shrinking market.(5) If you've got the time, foods such as eggs, poultry, fish, and lean cuts of red meat are excellent sources of complete protein.(6) He was lean from undernourishment, and had to be at least sixty-years-old.(7) He said he wants a lean organization with a ├ö├ç├┐singular focus on infrastructure management.├ö├ç├û(8) Look for lean cuts of these meats with minimal visible fat.(9) Vitamin B12 can be found in most meats - which should be eaten as lean cuts, and not in excess.(10) I do have an agent, but the industry is notoriously lean .(11) They're also packed with protein and low in carbs and fat, so you can build muscle, stay lean , and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time.(12) When I go to see him he plays brilliantly and then has a wee lean spell but I think when you're a flair player you tend to be more inconsistent.(13) Certainly, his operations are lean by Wall Street standards.(14) Although lean thinking in industry often results in staff reductions, it first creates extra capacity by identifying and eliminating wasted resource.(15) He is keen to create a lean and efficient operation that will be able to expand rapidly when conditions improve.(16) One boat had over a hundred stone and the fishermen are now poised for a break in the weather to make some decent landings and earn some much needed cash after a very lean period.
(1) lean back :: mimpin bali
(2) lean on :: sumendhe
(3) to lean :: kanggo mimpin
(4) lean forward :: nerusake mimpin
(5) lean meat :: mimpin meat
(6) lean over :: mimpin liwat
(7) lean out :: mimpin metu
(8) lean against :: marang mimpin
(9) lean towards :: mimpin menyang
(10) lean-to :: mimpin-kanggo
1. slim ::
2. meager ::
3. hard ::
4. thin ::
5. skimpy ::
6. tilt ::
8. slant ::
9. tend toward ::
10. depend on ::
11. intimidate ::
12. list ::
13. tilt ::
14. tend ::
lean, leaned, leaner, leanest, leaning, leanings, leanness, leans
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Does this look LEAN to you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
Well, I guess, as an engineer,
I LEAN towards execution.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
If you have time to LEAN,
you have time to cLEAN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
I have seen you LEAN on their experience
when your own was lacking,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
LEAN and fierce and black-bearded,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to Javanese Dictionary: lean
Meaning and definitions of lean, translation in Javanese
language for lean with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lean in Javanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'lean'
What lean means in Javanese, lean meaning
in Javanese, lean
definition, examples and pronunciation
of lean in Javanese language.