Noun(1) an amount of time(2) the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon(3) (ice hockey(4) a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed(5) the end or completion of something(6) the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause(7) a punctuation mark (.
(1) The file dates span the period between September 1996 and April 1997.(2) The Book of Kells is one of the great masterpieces that has come down to us from a period often referred to as the Dark Ages.(3) They totally dominated the first period , scoring five and conceding one.(4) These marks are very small indeed, about the size of a period at the end of a sentence.(5) the Jurassic period(6) she got her period(7) Why is a penalty in the first period of a game in December not a penalty in the third period of a game in March?(8) This house is a great blend of period qualities and contemporary design.(9) The dependent clause following the first period appears to be a sentence fragment.(10) This old period house and shop front set beside the bridge and River Moy has a mystique all of its own.(11) The owners of one of the most important period houses in Cork are to cut their losses after a bitter planning saga.(12) This strong connection between politics and music is a feature of the period .(13) At the first event some people were unsure about dressing up in period costume.(14) Yet the 1990s was a very robust period of growth.(15) The match ended scoreless in normal time, but the team conceded a goal in the first period of extra time.(16) period costume
(1) notice period :: wektu kabar
(2) time period :: jangka wektu
(3) period of time :: wektu
(4) probation period :: wektu uji cobo
(5) trial period :: wektu pangadilan
(6) menstrual period :: wektu menstruasi
(7) training period :: wektu latihan
(8) probationary period :: wektu probationary
(9) warranty period :: wektu babar pisan
(10) payback period :: wektu payback
1. time ::
2. era ::
3. lesson ::
4. menstruation ::
5. period of time ::
6. catamenia ::
7. stop ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
one day a week
for a trial PERIOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
Oh, good. Starvation is
authentic to the time PERIOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
Finally got your PERIOD?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
Aren't you worried that sitting in the lobby
for a long PERIOD of time...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
...or B, more than nine nights
in a three-week PERIOD, or C...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
English to Javanese Dictionary: period
Meaning and definitions of period, translation in Javanese
language for period with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of period in Javanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'period'
What period means in Javanese, period meaning
in Javanese, period
definition, examples and pronunciation
of period in Javanese language.