Adverb(1) two times(2) to double the degree
(1) Arthur had also been telephoning Violet at least twice a week for over twelve months.(2) To come back against Celtic twice speaks volumes about my team and their commitment.(3) The figures also show that men are more than twice as likely to be registered as out of work as women.(4) the tablets should be taken twice a day(5) He said he had confided that he was hearing voices, and had woken twice at night screaming.(6) People in the province are twice as likely to be victims of violent assault than in America.(7) Mr Fear, a tree surgeon, takes the children to work on the allotment at least twice a week.(8) I was unlucky enough to have my car broken into twice and badly damaged over the same weekend.(9) Mahler sang his praises, and Puccini said he had twice as much talent as he needed.(10) He won twice at Darley Moor and on several occasions he has picked up the first novice award.(11) If the average wage doubles, then we'll all have twice as much to spend on where we live.(12) Be sure to clean out and fill the bird bath with fresh water twice a week in hot weather.(13) He had twice had injections of local anaesthetic because it had become so painful.(14) I'm twice your age(15) The ceiling is covered in mirrors which reflects the light and makes the room seem twice as high.(16) Those who fail are almost twice as anxious and have faster heart rates than those who pass.
(1) twice a week :: kaping pindho menyang minggu
(2) think twice :: mikir kaping pindho
(3) twice a day :: kaping pindho dina
(4) once or twice :: sepisan utawa kaping pindho
(5) twice daily :: kaping pindho dina
(6) twice as much :: kaping pindho minangka akeh
(7) twice as many :: kaping pindho minangka akeh
(8) twice as :: kaping pindho minangka
(9) once bitten twice shy :: sapisan diilhami kaping pindho isin
(10) twice the amount :: kaping pindho jumlah
1. double ::
2. doubly ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I've never known you to need
to hear a thing TWICE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
Okay, let's meet halfway. How about I
cut my cleaning lady down to TWICE a week?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
And Leonard loves you so much,
he married you TWICE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
It won't happen TWICE.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
and he only bit me TWICE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
English to Javanese Dictionary: twice
Meaning and definitions of twice, translation in Javanese
language for twice with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of twice in Javanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'twice'
What twice means in Javanese, twice meaning
in Javanese, twice
definition, examples and pronunciation
of twice in Javanese language.