Noun(1) a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention(2) an imperfection in an object or machine(3) the quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection(4) (geology(5) (electronics, loose connection or insulation failure or short circuit etc.(6) responsibility for a bad situation or event(7) (sports, e.g., that lands outside the prescribed area
Verb(1) put or pin the blame on
(1) a fire caused by an electrical fault(2) If there is a fault in the computer power supply, or if the electric socket is wired incorrectly, the computer chassis can become live and give a fatal electric shock.(3) if books were not selling, it wasn't the fault of the publishers(4) Questions have also been raised over the possibility of a earthquake fault line nearby.(5) I cannot fault the arithmetic logic that as the population increases, so should the number of representatives in Parliament.(6) One can hardly fault them for not having foreseen this shift.(7) It's not their fault that the rules are archaic.(8) The problem, affecting 26 lights, was due to a circuit fault and was fixed by EDF Energy staff by September 30th.(9) We were beaten fair and square but I can't fault the lads for effort.(10) These 18 people died through no fault of their own.(11) Maybe it's my own fault for reading books that don't feature an elf or an alien on the cover.(12) While I can't fault her for professionalism, at the very least I would have expected a smile, or, really, any show of emotion at all.(13) I felt very emotional during the service, my lip trembling on several occasions, and I slipped into my usual fault of speaking softly when that happens.(14) The only fault in the character is one of writing, not acting.(15) The alarm was raised around 6.45 pm after an electrical fault caused the machine to ignite at the property in Hermes Way.(16) Still, we can hardly fault the school for its pessimism.
(1) at fault :: ing fault
(2) find fault :: golek fault
(3) fault line :: baris fault
(4) find fault with :: golek fault karo
(5) fault-finding :: fault-nemokake
(6) fault detection :: kaluputan deteksi
(7) to find fault with :: golek fault karo
(8) to a fault :: kanggo fault
1. defect ::
2. responsibility ::
3. misdeed ::
4. demerit ::
5. shift ::
6. error ::
7. find fault with ::
golek fault karo
8. blame ::
1. merit ::
2. virtue ::
fault, faulted, faultily, faulting, faultless, faults, faulty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, whose FAULT is that?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
They find themselves, through no FAULT
of their own, you know, kind of addicted.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
It's not your FAULT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
- I tried to stop you.
- It's my own FAULT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
I guess technically that was my FAULT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
English to Javanese Dictionary: fault
Meaning and definitions of fault, translation in Javanese
language for fault with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fault in Javanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fault'
What fault means in Javanese, fault meaning
in Javanese, fault
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fault in Javanese language.