Noun(1) something that is of no importance
Adjective(1) the superlative of `little' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning smallest in amount or extent or degree(2) limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent, or small(3) (quantifier used with mass nouns, with `a'(4) (of children and animals(5) (informal, or small(6) (of a voice(7) low in stature; not tall(8) lowercase(9) small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context
Adverb(1) used to form the superlative(2) not much
(1) The most virtuous of mothers can be putty in the hands of the least virtuous of sons.(2) they have the least chance of survival(3) Surprisingly, Freddie came out as the least bizarre of all of us on this, as what you see tends to be what you get with her.(4) there's not the least chance of her coming back(5) she spends the least amount of time in the office(6) he's not the least worried about it(7) it happens when you least expect it(8) As the drivers of old bangers are the least able to afford to invest heavily in a new car, this policy seems unfair.(9) the course is not in the least bit boring(10) nobody knew what was going on, least of all the audience(11) Thomson's theorem states that electrically charged particles arrange themselves so as to have the least energy.(12) I don't feel the least bit of attachment to him(13) money is the least of his worries(14) it's the least important subject(15) The Indian samosa is the lone vegetarian offering, and the least messy to eat on the go.(16) This was, and still is, one of the least known of the wartime special regiments.
(1) at least :: paling
(2) last but not least :: pungkasan nanging ora paling
(3) the least :: paling
(4) for at least :: kanggo ing paling
(5) at the very least :: ing paling banget
(6) not least :: paling ora
(7) not in the least :: ora ing paling
(8) last but not the least :: pungkasan ora, nanging paling
(9) but at least :: nanging paling
(10) to say the least :: ngomong paling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, at LEAST you
finally got a window that opens.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
Tell me, at LEAST, if they didn’t
turn the car into scrap in front of you,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
They will try to put at LEAST a mic
and a GPS beacon in Rio.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
It is the LEAST I can do.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
Bad news, the maitre d' said
it's gonna be at LEAST an hour.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 15
English to Javanese Dictionary: least
Meaning and definitions of least, translation in Javanese
language for least with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of least in Javanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'least'
What least means in Javanese, least meaning
in Javanese, least
definition, examples and pronunciation
of least in Javanese language.